Using the Thapos ‘Messaging’ feature, you can either send plain text messages or messages with embedded images that give comprehensive information to the recipients. The inbuilt rich text editor makes it easier for you to apply quick styles to your text and add the call-to-action links in the body area along with the images.
How to Compose a New Message?
To compose a new message, follow the below steps.
- After logging in to the Thapos application, ensure that you’re in the Organization area.
- Click on Message from the left navigation menu and then click on Compose Message.
- The following screen will be displayed.
- Select the message recipient(s) and enter the subject and the body of the message.
- You may also apply various text formatting options based on the requirement. For detailed information on how to compose a message, click here.
How to Add/Embed Images using the Rich Text Editor?
You can embed an image in the rich text editor by providing the public URL of the image, which can be obtained by either:
- Uploading the image into the organization ‘gallery’ area (For information on how to add images to the gallery, click here) or
- Uploading the image into any of the external image hosting services or
- Copying the public image URL, which is already hosted on any other websites.
After obtaining the public URL of the image, you may now embed it in your message by following the below steps.
- Position your cursor in the message body area where you want to embed the image.
- Click on Insert from the editor menu bar.
- In the menu, click on the Image.
- The following Insert/edit image pop-up will be displayed on the screen.
- Provide the following ‘general’ details.
- Source: Enter (Paste or Type) the public URL of the image in the text box.
- Image Description: Provide a little description of the image, which is optional.
- Dimensions: You can provide custom dimensions (width x height) for the image.
- Constrain Proportions: Select this option to maintain width & height proportions when resizing the image.
- Optionally, click on the Advanced tab to define the following additional properties.
- Spacing: Specify the vertical & horizontal spacing of the image.
- Border: Specify the style & width of the image.
- After providing the details, click on Ok which returns the display to the rich text editor with the image embedded at the cursor position as shown below.
How to Resize the Embedded Image?
In order to resize the embedded image in the rich text editor, follow the below steps.
- Click on the image to select it.
- Click & drag on any of the corners of the image to resize it (as shown below).
- Alternatively, you can also right click on the image and then click on Image.
- The Insert/edit image pop-up will be displayed on the screen.
- Update the image properties and then click on Ok to apply the changes.
How to set a link on the Image?
To set a link to the image in the rich text editor, perform the following steps.
- Select the image and then right click on it.
- Click on Link.
- The set link pop-up will be displayed on the screen.
- Provide the following details.
- URL: Provide the URL of the target web page.
- Title: Provide a title for the link.
- Target: Specify the on-click behavior of the link. You can either choose between-
- None: The page will be opened in the same tab of the same browser window.
- New Window: The page will be opened in a new tab leaving the current one as it is.
- Click on Ok to link the URL address to the embedded image.
Note: To update/remove the linked URL from the image, open the Insert link pop-up and edit/delete the existing URL address and then click on Ok to save the details.